House for Sale

I feel a little defeated after every house showing we have. It's as if you just can't please people. If you know me personally, you know I am a true people pleaser. I go above and beyond to try to please people. It's just one of my defects I would say.

When someone says your house is cluttered because your attic and garage look like a disaster, it just kills me! I mean it's a GARAGE and ATTIC for goodness sake. Is it supposed to be staged? Boxes on top of cabinets make it look like there is not enough storage space?! So here's the thing, hubby is 100% against throwing away boxes for our appliances. What if we move? True he's right on that thought because we are moving and don't have to look for a way to package the blender etc because we have all the packaging for it. Well I guess not all people keep boxes.


A few days ago I got a 10 minute warning people! Yes, I could have declined the showing, true BUT I really need the house to sell so you bet I threw my 5 baskets of laundry and the kids in the car and headed to Chick-Fil-A for dinner. I'm sure people thought we were living out of our car with how it was packed up to the ceiling with laundry and tote bags that I managed to fill with things that were just laying around the house.


I am so ready for everything to settle down. I'm ready to just take it easy and be okay with having a messy house that the kids can play in. 

Comments