And just like that our first post was made!

I feel like I am having a fresh new start restarting and reshaping this blog. Our family has grown and we have two precious boys who keep us on our feet. Our family has made the decision to be a little more purposeful. We are beginning to simplify our lives and be a little healthier.

Earlier this year we embarked in buying three chicks. After discussing with our favorite neighbors about their chicken raising we decided to take a leap and buy three chicks Betty, Claire, and Sarah.


We took a risk and eventually found out we ended up with two roos and one hen Claire and Sarah were both male. Sarah loved to cock a doddle do ALL DAY long. He was such a show off.

Our neighbors were definitely not on board with our roos and were not happy about the situation. We were so saddened to give them away to a loving family but for our neighbors sanity and ours it was a decision that had to be made.

We eventually ordered three more chickens from The Cackle Hatchery. Let me just tell you, Betty was not having it. There was an alpha chick and both her and Betty were pecking at each other. Eventually Betty showed them that she's the alpha and the boss of the coop. The chicks are growing an learning from Betty.

We have successfully named two. June and Holly. We still haven't decided on the third although I will tell you I am leaning towards Martha :)

The boys love seeing the baby chick and Betty grow. I am so impressed with how Max has taken on the responsibility of raising our chickens. He makes me so proud every day. 

Thanks to my wonderful Hubby we also now have an herb garden. This plant lady no longer has a million pots laying around. I finally have a raised garden! With the terrible soil our subdivision has we knew we needed to have a raised garden with good soil. Hubby made a mix of garden soil, peat moss, compost, manure and sand.


We have yet to harvest tomatoes thanks to the birds that keep eating them! I do have my heart set on the strawberries that are slowly but surely coming back from a bunny almost devouring my whole plant a few months ago. I will post some picture of the garden in the next few weeks.


Comments