Yesterday, was the first day I was able to get back into my classroom to pick up my things. Walking into a dark and empty building that was once filled with laughter, playful students and so much love, life and joy was now empty. My coworkers and I scheduled a time to come by our school one at a time. One person in, one person out. It felt so different and of course so distancing as we passed each other at the front door trying to stay a few feet a part while we walked by each other. Just a two months before we would have hugged and talked for a while trying to catch up.



As I walked through my classroom and picked up my things, I couldn't help to think about the last time my classroom was filled with my amazing kiddos that made me laugh, cry learn and love. I wish I could have hugged them a little longer before we left, not knowing that we weren't coming back after Spring Break. I'm sure so many teachers are feeling this as they go back into their classroom. It just feels very surreal. I am counting down the days until I see these kiddos again and give them big hugs. I miss my coworkers and the small family we made up but I especially miss my kids.


Comments